Thursday 4 February 2016

Dungeon Saga: The Return of Valandor

The return of Valandor expansion is a continuation of  the campaign from the main Dungeon saga box.  The necromancer from the original has escaped and is trying to raise the demon lord Ba'el from  the dead.  The spirit of Valandor, the mage king, returns and possesses one of the heroes in each mission of the campaign.

I've already painted the undead from this set when I did the others last year.  As a result I only had to do Ba'el and Valandor.  And here they are.






Let's look at Ba'el first.











I really hate the wings on this miniature.  They just look wrong.  There's no joints in them.  There should at least be an elbow in them.  I played a bit with rust and blood effects on this guy.  I missed a mould line on his face, so I ran a bit of blood effect along it to make it look like a flap of skin.

Valandor



This guy looks awesome.  Firstly he's huge, nearly half as tall again as a regular human.  Secondly look at that spear.  I decided as a saintly mage king he needed shiny armour.  With shiny armour in my mind comes blue and white, so that happened too.

No comments:

Post a Comment