Friday 22 February 2019

Kings of War Dwarfs #3 Ironblecher Organ Gun

I'm determined to get a Kings of War army to 2000 points, so I thought I'd push my Dwarf army closer to that point.

So why did I choose and organ gun over the other artillery choices? Purely for the volume of fire.  All the other artillery choices fire a single shot, granted that single shot does multiple damage.  That sounds pretty good, but you need to remember that they only hit of a 5+, which means they're only hitting a third of the time, or about twice a game.  The organ gun fires  fifteen shots... a turn, which when we mathhammer it means five hits per turn. That's far more consistent.  Granted each hit is less destructive, but I'm primarily going to be using hit to soften up enemy battle line units, or completely evaporate chaff units.  If I add another, I could cause a bit of a mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment