Sunday 3 March 2019

Painting Mythic Battles Pantheon 20 Judges of the Underworld

That's another expansion down, just two to go.

Rhadamanthus

I decided to go with a dark forgotten look for him.  In the artwork he looks like he's on fire.  I wanted to make him look tortured.  I used some blood effect in the gaps in his flesh to represent this.  As a final touch I hit him up with a lot of verdigris to make him look truly forgotten.

Minos
His head is on FIE-YAAAAR!  The only monster in the set.  I wanted to make the fire the focal point of Minos so I deliberately kept the rest of him dark.  This is my first try at original source lighting.  I think it turned out not bad.

Aeacus
He's the brightest in the artwork and I wanted to reflect this.  I kept the bronze bright and made him very pale, he lives the underworld so it stands to reason that he doesn't get much sun.  On a side note I think he'd make a great undead villain for D&D.

Now which expansion to paint next? Oedipus and the Sphinx or the manticore?



No comments:

Post a Comment