Thursday 23 January 2020

Kings of War Slow Grow 1

Back in December I signed up for the Blackjack Legacy Slow Grow Kings of War army challenge.  The aim of the challenge is paint up 250 points of an army a month for 8 months.  The idea is to have a 2000 point army by the end of August.  Keeping this in mind I decided on Undead (If you've followed the blog for  a while now this wont be a shock to you).  A lot of my old undead stuff is in need of a bit of TLC so new paint jobs all round.  It also falls into my new years resolution of buy less play more.  My undead havent left their case in so long, time to get them back on the field.

I don't have the third edition book yet, but this is approaching 500 points worth.





So far I've got a regiment of revenants, 2 troops of ghouls, a vampire lord and an undead army standard.  Which is a decent start.  There's a prevailing green theme here.  I figured that the revenants would be the personal guard to the vampire lord and would be attired appropriately.  The ghouls are wearing different coloured rags, which is going to be replicated throughout the skeletons and zombies.  I've also gone for a graveyard theme in the multibases to help theme everything too.  Everything show here is a mixture of Games Workshop, Mantic Games and Heresy Miniatures.

For February I plan to do a regiment of skeleton spearmen and a troop of wraiths.

No comments:

Post a Comment