Tuesday 10 September 2013

Woot! my gencon order arrived

I got my gencon Malifaux order through the door yesterday.  And boy am I impressed.  I've only assemble the Victoria's thus far and all I can say is wow!



Wyrd have really improved on these plastic boxes.  If you remember back to my Jacob Lynch review the major problems I found with it were no instructions, slotta bases and gaps.  The Victoria's box has none of these.
Also unlike the Dark Debts crew the Hired Swords come on separate sprues.  This really made finding the components for each miniature a lot easier, especially the ronin sprue.  The came 3 to a sprue but were split into 3 sections labeled 1-3.
SOLID BASES! I grinned from ear to ear when I saw these.

 The instructions are very easy to follow.
The cards are still double sided but don't fold, they're also less cluttered with rules.  Which means they fit in card protectors.  The cards are also thicker and better quality.
First up is the Victoria of Ashes.  She is the crew's master.  This model is beautiful.  The sculpt is beautiful, the pose works well.  Not only does she look feminine but she also looks pretty bad ass.  She's my favourite out of the bunch.
Next is the Victoria of Blood.  She is one of this crew's henchmen (there's 2).  I love the pose on this one.  Not too sure whether she's drawing or sheathing her sword, but she looks cool.  She was a little fiddly to put together, getting both halves of the scabbard to fit together was a pain in the bum.
Next is the second henchman Taelor.  I love her massive sledgehammer.  The pose is great, looks like she's just swung that hammer.  Did I mention the hammer was huge?  Another thing I noticed is that she has a mechanical arm.  I never owned the original metal one, but looking at the pictures I always thought it was just armoured.
Next up is the student of conflict.  She's teensy.  Obviously a little girl who wants to be  warrior.  She's covered in books and scrolls and has her glasses sitting on her forehead.  Quite a quirky model.




Last are the ronin.  I love the animesque style sculpts.  The don't look over the top cartoony, look feminine and look quite threatening.  I might pick up another box of these when they come out.  Has anyone noticed that the whole crew is quite leggy?


I love this crew and I think I'm going to use them a lot.  I really can't wait to paint them.  Wyrd have really out done themselves here.  Well I'm going to leave it there for now, and start assembling my Herald of Obliteration box.

No comments:

Post a Comment