Thursday 4 December 2014

YT-47 Decimator unboxing

This little beauty (actually it's rather large) arrived today and I thought I'd do a wee unboxing.
As you can see quite an impressive beast.

Now to get it out the box (if only I had a black background).





Its pretty dam big.  How big? Well here's some other ships for scale

It's  huge.   Now what do you get in the box?

You get 2 double sided base toppers, the all important movement dial, 1 focus token, 1 evade token, 4 shield tokens, 1 stress token, 1 ion token, 3 debris fields and a proton bomb.
The movement dial is interesting, It's got a lot of long turns and green maneuvers, but  know no red maneuvers.  I guess its so big and heavy that it can only turn slowly.  No K-turns for the decimator.

Here's the pilots.  I'd just  like to point out the stats first.  Decimators have turrets and fire power 3, this makes them a sort of evil millennium falcon.  But the have no agility so they get shot up easy.  However they have 4 shields and 12 hull.  They're pretty tough.  I like Captain Oicunn personally.... RAMMING SPEED!  There's a bit of synergy with him and the decimator's title card.
With this upgrade he can ram other ships and still get an action for touching their base.  Target lock anyone?
Decimators can have 3 co-pilots, which is awesome.  And the set comes with a few.


Mara Jade sounds like a must for me as is Ysanne Isard.  The intimidation pilot skill sounds pretty fun too.




Ion torpedoes are just evil.  A fantastic way to disrupt a formation.  Ruthlessness is just funny, a great way to cause a formation to split but can backfire if one of your ships gets too close to the enemy.

I like the decimator.  Its powerful but can be overwhelmed easily if left unprotected.  I can't wait to try it out.  The twisted cogs of my mind are wondering what carnage a pair of them can sow.


No comments:

Post a Comment