Tuesday 13 December 2016

Jungle Terrain part 1

The Flash and Arrow expansion book for the batman Miniatures Game came with optional rules for fighting in different cities and areas.  One of these was the island of Lian Yu.  When I saw that I knew I needed to make my own jungle terrain. 

Jungle terrain is very versatile.  I could use it for the BMG, or Bolt Action.  It would be pretty funny to see my German's wandering around in the Pacific.  I could use it for 40k, you get jungles in space.  Or even Malifaux for the depths of the bayou.  I'm sure it could be useful for a whole plethora of games that I don't play.

Enough rambling you came here for the pictures and I shall not disappoint you.














This one is a low stilted palm house  from Sarrisa Precision's Far East range.  I tried to go with a palm roof made from the instruction sheet.  I've done it in earthy colours to try make it look natural.  The only down side to this is that it's a bit of a squeeze to get a 30mm base on the porch.  25mm bases fit perfectly.





This is also from Sarrisa Precision's Far East range.  They call it a check point, but if you  filled in the gaps in the fence I don't see why I couldn't be used as an animal pen.  I don't think this would look out of place in a more European styled board.  I could see my Germans sitting in this guarding a river crossing, or the entrance to a village.  I might get another one and experiment by giving it a felt roof.

No comments:

Post a Comment