Monday 5 January 2015

Operation End Times no 13 How I paint Ethereals

It occurred to me that I've been painting a lot of ethereals lately and thought I'd share how I do it.  This will be my first tutorial so go easy on me.

Stage 1 gather your materials
first you'll need some ethereal miniatures primed black.  I've got some classic wraiths here.

These are the paints I used.  If you can't find these exact ones try and find something similar.

Stage 2 the cloak
First paint the entire cloak fenris grey.
Next over brush the cloak with space wolves grey leaving the fenris grey showing in the deepest folds.
Finally give the cloak a heavy wash of thrakka green and let it dry... watch a bit of Netflix or something while you wait.

Stage 3 The Bone
Paint the bones earth.
Now over brush the bones ushabti bone.
Next give the bones a wash of agrax earthshade.  You should also paint the weapon blades and armour with rhinox hide while you're waiting.

Stage 4 details
Here I've dry brushed the scythe blades with boltgun metal.  I've also painted the skull holding wraith's ring and I've painted the scythe blades black.

The wraiths are more or less finished.  Now the only need to be varnished and based.  Job's a good 'n.

 Here's a few close ups to finish.









No comments:

Post a Comment