Thursday 4 July 2019

SAGA - Age of Magic Undead

I've been repainting and rebasing  a bunch of undead for use in SAGA - Age of Magic.   I've got 10 points worth here, which is what's considered enough for a big game.  In my warband I have a warlord, a sorcerer, a black knight, two points of hearthguard with heavy weapons, four points of warriors, two points of mindless and a scourge.






The Mindless
Instead of normal levies units, the undead have mindless.  They're big tar pit units and the only unit in the game that can exceed 12 men, as far as I know anyway.  They're mindless, what better miniatures to represent them than zombies.    They're a mix of Games Workshop and Mantic Zombies.  These got a brand new paint job.



Warriors
For my warriors I've used skeletons.  These are the workhorse of my warband.  These were painted, all I've done is weather the metals, repaint the cloth to make them less uniform and gave them a brown wash to tone them down.  I've actually painted the cloth and shields in the colours of various Dawnish houses from Empire.

 Hearthguard

These are grave guard.  I've pretty much painted these guys up.  I wanted these guys to be uniform, they're elite troops, and they've probably been raised from the same grave site.  I also didn't rust them up, I like to think their tombs have suitably protected them from the elements.

Black Knight

This is a really old GW vampire.  I've completely stripped him and repainted him. 


Sorcerer
Another old GW vampire.  I was going to go with a necromancer, then thought this a vampire would be a different approach.


 Warlord
This is a collection of minis from different companies.  The warlord himself is from Darksword miniatures.   The two skeletons are from GW, from the mid 90's. 

 The Scourge






 Scourges are one of the three monster types.  Titans are the tough slow ones, behemoths are the fast angry ones and scourges are the flying, fire breathing ones.  This is a terrorgheist from GW.  I've had this for years, and I glued it up wrong.  But I don't care it looks like it's screaming.

Moving forward I want to add cavalry, archers and creatures.  I'd quite like to add other hero and monster variants. 

I've also got two more SAGA projects in the works.  I'm working on a Lords of the Wild warband for my other half and a Great Kingdoms warband based on my military unit from Empire.













No comments:

Post a Comment