Tuesday 21 October 2014

Nurgle Lord Commission Piece

I've been asked by a friend to paint a few of his chaos characters.  So I started with the Nurgle Lord.  he was a lot of fun to paint.  I love painting Nurgle stuff.  Most of my Chaos Space Marines and daemons for 40k are Nurgle.  Anyhoo here he is
I painted the large ulcer in his belly to look like an eye.  Combined with the gaping hole in his gut it looks a bit like a cyclopian face.  Actually it looks like its trying to gum his axe.  I normally shade my Nurgle flesh brown to make it look really dirty, this time I thought I'd try something different and went with purple.  I think the effect works well, he looks bruised.  I went with green armour for contrast.  I don't normally like green on Nurgle, but here it works.
And he is from the back. 

This week's end time goal is complete.  The finished pictures will go up on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment