Monday 10 November 2014

Arkhan the Black, Mortarch of Sacrament

I finished building this fellow last night.

Arkhan the Black, mounted upon his dread abyssal Razarak the Doom of Traitors.  The end result is very impressive, unfortunately the build was quite fiddly.  I'm actually worried that the parts suspending him might snap as they are quite thin and there's only two of them.  He should be fine as long as I don't drop him from any great height, not that intend to.
I put a few more Renedra gravestones on his base fill in some of the gaps.  I even stuck a raven on one of them. 

I built the kit as Arkhan for several reasons.  First is he's a mini Nagash, and I liked the idea of the pair of them raising entire armies from the grave.  Sure Mannfred is most scary of the mortarchs, but Arkhan is more insidious.  The second reason is that if I wanted to run a large list with his most loyal lieutenants or play a game set earlier in the time line (I'm thinking of his battle with Sigmar) I could.  Thirdly I have a habit of running a Vampire Counts army with out any vampires and may do the same with an undead legion army.  And lastly I like Arkhan as a character more that Mannfred or Neferata.

I might have a crack at painting him after I finish the ghouls.   

No comments:

Post a Comment