Thursday 6 November 2014

Operation Endtimes no5 Krell and friends

I wasn't in much of painting mood this week and my earlier momentum has dropped so I'm now back on schedule.  I did however manage to paint Krell and some ghouls.
First up the big guy himself Krell mortarch of despair

Krell is my favorite miniature that games workshop produce.  He's very imposing without being over the top or cartooney.  He's tall, broad and his cape isn't flowing, but rather drapes downwards giving him a blocky shape.  He's like a wall that going to hit you with an enormous axe.  Imagine the obsidian blade descending down upon you and the last thing you see is his rictus grin utterly devoid of emotion.  He is in every sense the sinister executioner.  The only thing that I don't like about him is he's made of finecast.  For some reason the paint doesn't adhere to his axe edge and kept chipping when I tried to dry brush it, so I didn't quite get the effect that I hoped for.

Now his buddies


These are ghouls from Heresy Miniatures that I built a few years ago.  I think they look pretty cool.  They're more recognizable as human than the games workshop ones.  I've made their flesh pale to show that they live almost perpetually in the dark, and have made them look dirty too.  As you can see ghouls are cannibalistic (blood and gore yay!).

No comments:

Post a Comment