Thursday 15 August 2019

Great Kingdoms warband for SAGA! Age of Magic

This is what I've been painting up for the past month. 

This is my great Kingdoms force for SAGA!.  I've based this warband on my military unit resource from Empire lrp.  Yes I based this on the LARP I go to.  Given that it is Empire lrp based I deliberately gimped myself.  Horses are extinct in Empire so no cavalry for me.  These are the House de Loup colour scheme, which is this

My freehand is shit, so I didn't bother painting the house heraldry on it.  You may notice that some of the dudes have different coloured skin.  That's because they are lineaged.  The pale guys are draughir, the greeny dudes are merrow and the guys with the green bits on their cheeks.  Note that I can't sculpt for shit, and I'd be buggered if I was going to sculpt dozens of tiny horns, so no cambions.  You can find more about lineages here.

Let's go n to the close ups.

First I have 2 points worth of levies with crossbows.  These are my ranged yeofolk.

Next I have I have 3 points worth of warriors.  These are my fighty yeofolk.

Next I have 2 points of hearth guard.  These are my anvil knights.

Also I have 2 points of hearth guard with heavy weapons.  These are my hammer knights.

I also have a couple of paladins that I converted.  One has a heavy weapon and one doesn't.  These guys don't cost any points, but to use one them I have to sacrifice 2 hearth guard, 4 warriors or six levies. 

My warlord a.k.a tiny me.  Earl Bertrand de Loup and his retainer and spear holder; Guy.

My tenth point is a behemoth in the form of Paul the war bear.  She's a delicate feminine flower.

If I expand this force I'd like to add a unit of quadruped creatures in the form of hunting dogs.  I'd also like to add the Conclave unique unit, because a unit of wizards is peak Dawn.

The plastic footmen and knights are from Fireforge Games.  The warlord is from Footsore Miniatures, he was their model of the month for May.  The model of the month is given away free with every order over £20,  they're usually released 6 months afterwards for general release, so you can probably get this guy from Novemberish.  The bear is from Atlantis Miniatures.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment