Wednesday 21 August 2019

The Critters for Warcry

I'm still working my way through the Warcry box.  I've now finished all the beasties that can turn up in your games.


Furies

Furies, the chaos daemons everyone forgets about.  These plastics are a massive improvement on the old metal ones that came out ages ago.   Furies by their nature are quite weak, however they are predatory.  I wanted to reflect this in their paint job.  How does an opportunistic predator get ahead in life?  Camouflage.
I've done the furies deliberately dull and muted so they blend into their surroundings.  The best way to hide in the shadows is not to wear black, but to wear uted greens and browns, or in this case canvas from Vallejo's panzer aces paint range.  Imagine them pouncing from a shaded ledge in the ruins, intent on pinning you to the floor and slitting your throat.  They suddenly go from being a bit of a joke to being scary.  Admittedly this has no effect in game, but creates a cool visual... although I've noticed through years of gaming experience that muted models get ignored, so maybe it does work.

Raptoryx

Murder birds.  These are viscous killers, so murder bird is an apt term.  I've tried to paint them to look like gothic cassowaries.  The green actually makes them look a bit venomous.  I absolutely love these things.

  


No comments:

Post a Comment