Tuesday 13 August 2019

Pacific Rim Extinction - Kickstarter Unboxing

So this unexpectedly turned up at my door today.

I backed this kickstarter because it is A. Pacific Rim (those movies are awesome). B. pre painted, so i can just get stuck in and C. had a pretty cheap base pledge.  The above is the base pledge.

Let's get stuck in.

Very nice box.  Visually appealing.  Me likey.

The miniatures and dice.  I liked the stepped insert for the cards.

There's 4 sizes of card.  All with different functions.  I've not read the rules yet, so I've no idea what everything does.

Rulebook.  It's not too thick, so I'm assuming this game is pretty simple.

The dashboards for the minis.

A double sided paper game mat.  I would have preferred card, but you can't have everything.  I do like that one side is a city and the other is the ocean floor.

Tokens, buildings and whatnot.

Shrikethorn.  Pretty cool looking.

Gypsy Avenger.  FUCK YEAH!

Scrapper.  A kickstarter exclusive.  Imma have to paint this one.

Now on to Hakuja, one of the wave one expansions

You get it's dashboard

Hakuja looks pretty cool.


Now to the next wave one expansion
Gypsy Danger.  FUCK YEAH!

Gypsy's dashboard.

I wanna use this one.

And the final wave one expansion that came with my pledge.

Saber Athena.

Dashboard.

Saber Athena has laser blades.

All the expansions come with pilot cards and upgrades.  I forgot to take pictures of them.

I really want to get a few games of this.  Pacific Rim is awesome.  The prepaints aren't anything to write home about, but their better than most prepaints on the market.  Repainting them is an option, but I'm going to leave mine as is.  I've got enough to paint as is.
















No comments:

Post a Comment