Monday 26 March 2018

My New Gaming Table

I recently had a birthday, and thanks to my parents with gifting me some money, I could finally afford a folding gaming table.  I got my table from Urbanmatz, in one of their deals.  You get a table and a 6'x4' mat of your choice for about 200 euros.  The do other deals where you get resin terrain sets as well as the table and mat but they're a bit out of my price range.

As you can see here it folds away into a 4'x1.5' box.  It even has carry handles.

The legs fold away and are in two parts.  The bottom bits click into the top.  The bottom bits also have clips attached to the underside of the table to stop them rattling about when collapsed.

And here it is set up.  And here's my one reservation with it.  It's really hard to flip this onto its feet by yourself.  Not because it's heavy, the weight isn't an issue.  It's because there is no way of locking the thing open.  I had to tip it on it's side and flip it towards me to prevent it from folding back on it's self. 
It's pretty sturdy, it will wobble slightly, but that's just the nature of the beast.  It wont however hold a lot of weight, so don't try and lie down on it.  There's a disclaimer on the website saying do not use this as an actually table.  It's for gaming only.

The mat comes in a storage case.

You get your choice of mat.  I picked the badlands mat because it seemed suitable for a bunch of different genres.  The mat is made out of neoprene (mouse mat material) with a rubber backing so it doesn't move.

The resolution is fantastic.
Works for 40K
And Kings of War

It sort of works with X-Wing.  But only if you imagine that the stones ate massive and the grass is actually bushes and trees.

It works with Tanks! too, so it works at 15mm.

All in all I'm happy with it.  It also means I can play some of my larger board games like Arkham Horror too. 








No comments:

Post a Comment