Sunday 18 November 2018

A Trio of Tieflings

So I've been quiet for the past couple of weeks.  That's because I've been working on a super secret sci-fi project, which you'll get to see after Christmas.  You'll just have to hold your excitement until then.  I'll promise you this it's completely different from the usual stuff I post on here.  After I finished it I really needed to paint something else to cleanse the palette so to speak.  I needed something with free reign of colours so that I could just wing it.  I needed more fantasy adventurers, luckily I had a bunch primed. 





All three are from Reaper Miniatures Dark Havens Legends range.  And all three of them are made from Bones plastic rather than metal.


Tiefling Rogue
Purple skin! You don't get much more off the wall than that.  I wanted to keep her clothes dark without using black, so I used a dark brown for the leather and canvas for the trousers.  It keeps her nice and earthy without  her standing out in a crowd.



Tiefling Mage a.k.a Mr Fabulous
Check out his medieval pimp coat.  I decided to be a bit different with this guy.  I've tried to keep him bright.  I've gone for regular flesh colour, but with a crimson wash to make him look slightly red.  I've also given him white hair and grey horns (I've seen a few cambions at Empire like that and stole the look).  I never rated this mini before I started painting him, but now I think he's one of my favourites.  We might be looking at my next D&D character.


Tiefling Paladin/Fighter
I've used chaos warriors as inspiration for this guy.  I wanted him to look fiendish, almost like he's embraced his dark lineage.  He's sporting black iron armour with gold trim.  All his garments are earthy to keep them muted.  I really wanted his skin to stand out, so I went with bright red.

I might have a crack at some more adventurers before starting some more Mythic Battle Pantheon stuff.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment