Thursday 17 January 2019

Painting Mythic Battles Pantheon 16

Well that's Pandora's box finished aside from the pillars.  I need to learn how to paint marble first.  If anyone knows how to paint white marble, please let me know.

Now onto the minis.

Lots of big dudes this time.

Let's start with Medea
She just looks evil, look at that malevolent grin.  I've tried to make the spell in her left hand look as evil as possible, grey and smoky, drybrushed with various pinks to make it look more malevolent.

Tityos
He's big and made of rock.  I've tried to keep him earthy, specially the roots holding him together.  I might use him as an earth elemental in D&D too, he's one of the nicest I've seen.


Griffon
I love griffons.  They're just so cool, and this is possible the best griffon miniature I've ever seen.  Look at it, it's magnificent.  I've tried to make it look as natural as I could, I could have done a GW and went to town with tiger stripes and whatnot, but decided against it.  I find a more natural colour scheme on an unnatural beast makes it seem more real.

Apollo
I've gone for a green cloak on Apollo, mainly because I don't think I've done one yet.  He's one of the better posed divinities.  I've tried to keep him bright, with lots of gold.

Hecate
Hecate has three faces.  Why not? She is the goddess of knowledge and magic.  You will know more if you have 3 sets of eyes to perceive the universe.  Going with the magic theme, I've tried to make her look as mystical as possible.  I've gone with dark blue with contrasting silvers and off whites, even her hair is purple, contrasting with the silver of her crown.  Her skin is pale with a blueish hue to it. 

So that's Pandora's Box, minus the pillars.  It was a long road, but I got there in the end.  I think I might start the Poseidon expansion next, which is thankfully smaller. 



No comments:

Post a Comment