Saturday 26 January 2019

Painting Mythic Battles Pantheon 17

This time we're diving into to Poseidon expansion.  Although it should really be called the Scylla expansion because she takes up a third of the box.  Whatever it should or should not be called it does have a few sea monsters in it, and sea monsters are cool.






Harpies

I like these.  They've made them look like vultures.  I've tried to carry the theme.  What I really like is that these ladies don't have boobs.  They're birds, birds don't have mammaries, because they're not mammals.  It annoys me when bird people and lizard people have boobs, they're not mammals.  Look at the Argonians from the Elder Scrolls, they hatch from eggs, they're reptiles, why do they have tits?  Rant over.


Andromeda
I like this sculpt, except the face.  It's lacking in definition.  Other than that the sculpt is great.


Theseus
I'm not going to beat about the bush, he looks like a villain from Conan the Barbarian.  Which is AWESOME!  He'd make a fantastic barbarian for D&D.  I think he has the largest sword of all the regular humans in the game.


Poseidon
How awesome is that sculpt?  I think he might be my favourite divinity purely for his sculpt alone.  Look at all those tentacles.  I've tried to make him unnaturally pale, he spends all his time in the sea.  I've added verdigris to his bronze parts, I feel that spending all his time at sea would enhance the oxidation of the bronze.  I plan to revisit him to add a bit of pzazz to his base.  He deserves it... just look at him.  I'm going to follow this tutorial I just need to buy a few things first.


Once it stops raining I'm going to prime the next batch, which includes more monsters.  I've also got some plague marines on the go,  so expect to see those soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment