Thursday 31 January 2019

Painting Mythic Battles Pantheon 18

That's two thirds of the Poseidon expansion finished.  I'm actually really enjoying this expansion, and I get to play with water effects.






Sirens
The water effects hadn't quite cured when I took the photos.  I've tried to keep these in keeping with the concept art.  The concept art is creepy.  The face is just a mask, and the underside is a gaping maw with a lashing tongue.  I decided to run with a green theme, to give the impression that these ladies are not quite right.  I've done the face like a porcelain mask.  I plan to revisit the bases like Poseidon and add some thicker water.


Periphetes
A bandit with a big club.  I think he's cool, I'd use him as barbarian in D&D or a bandit chief.


Anteus
Big musclebound wrestler ready for his rematch with Heracles.  He was quite fun to paint, and I managed to knock him out quite quickly.


Polyphemus
Big angry cyclops.  He's got a bit of a squid like face, so I made him look pale and slightly purple.  He's also carrying a big bronze anchor covered in verdigris.  I think he looks very imposing and just awesome.

Charybdis
She was fun to paint and very different to the stuff I usually paint.  I also learned how to paint white water, so that was a bonus.  Giant whirlpool full of teeth.  OMNOMOM!

Just one third of the box left, and that's Scylla.  I hope you like tentacles.




No comments:

Post a Comment