Tuesday 1 September 2015

Solomon Grundy a lesson in grey

Back in my comfort zone painting zombies.  Well one zombie.  One really big zombie.  I present to you Solomon Grundy, the biggest, toughest free agent I own for the Batman Miniatures Game.





Since Grundy is supposed to be grey I decided to roll with that.  I used just about every shade of grey I own on him (seriously I've got six or seven).  I gave his skin a purpley wash to make it stand out from the suite.  I also decided to do his shirt a dirty white, again to make it stand out.

So how does Grundy work in game?  He's a big guy, and big guys draw gunfire.  So that's one use.  If they shoot him they're not shooting your other dudes.  He also has the immortal rule, so your opponent cannot claim full victory points for killing him, he only counts as being knocked out.  Finally he hits like a freight train... literally.  If he hits you a couple of times you're going to feel it.  So tactically what's his best use? I've found his best use is running up the field and beating as many enemies to death as he can before he gets taken out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment