Monday 2 February 2015

Operation End Times no16 Hordes of Worthless Peons

Well they're not entirely worthless.  They're job is to hold enemy units in place while a vampire beats the crap out of them or something bigger outflanks them... Or I buff the hell out of them and laugh my arse off as they become unhinged killing machines... Actually ghouls aren't too bad in a scrap... Behold my situationally worthless peons.

First up are some skeletons
They final wash on some of them isn't quite dry, hence the shiny bits.  These are mainly Games Workshop skeletons with a Mantic one infiltrating, see if you can guess which one.  The Games Workshop skelies are in my opinion the best in the market.  The Mantic ones aren't bad, the the just don't look as cool.  The GW ones have the Jason and the Argonauts vibe that drew me to the undead in the first place.


Now some zombies
A whole two of them.  Again we have a Mantic (left) and a GW (right) figure.  The Mantic zombies look far better than GW ones, the kit is nearly twenty years old and is very dated.  Please Games Workshop make new zombies and don't make them an overpriced dual kit.

And finally more ghouls
"Oh no not more ghouls! Most of you posts have ghouls."  Yes more ghouls.  You'll get ghouls and bloody like it.  Actually I think I'm running out of ghouls.  It's the usual mix of GW, Mantic and Heresy.  I'm kinda running out of things to say about them.

Other things on the painting block is my second Dreadball team and some Malifaux.  To break up the fodder for the next Operation End Times I'll paint of a fodder squasher... a screaming skull catapult.


No comments:

Post a Comment