Tuesday 24 February 2015

Operation Endtimes no18 Vlad VonCarstein, Mortarch of Shadow and Friends

Is that title too long?  I've had a wee binge on painting my undead this week, although the mountain is still pretty high (there's still lots that I've not even assembled yet).  Never mind this introduction drivel you came for the minis so here they are.

Vlad VonCarstein, Mortarch of Shadow

I've had Vlad for a while (he's metal not finecast), and for that while he was only half painted.  I decided to finally paint him.  I think I've outdone myself on him.  Out of the four mortarchs I've painted he's the one I'm most proud of.  I've gone for dark armour to offset his ghost cloak.  I decided to go with an ethereal cloak rather than the spirits escaping from a red one that the eavy metal team have done because it's far more striking.


More wraiths.  These are the previous iteration of the wraiths.

And even more wraiths.  The one on the left with the knife is a 4th edition wraith, the one on the right is a conversion.  He's a wraith from a black coach (which has been scattered to the winds).  Since he was sitting down I decided to plonk him on a gravestone and have dubbed him lazy wraith.  Despite being top heavy he's actually quite well balanced.




Last but not least a Necromancer.  I made him from Empire Wizard kit.  I decided to keep him dark to contrast with the sword.

I think the time has come to start Nagash.  I've got a lot of free time coming up in March so I'll have a crack at him then.




No comments:

Post a Comment